2.1.5 Projection Manager
In this section we will cover how to create and edit map projections.
- Select the
- View an existing projection.
- Select "US>CONUS" and press
- Right mouse/drag in map to scroll. Shift+Left mouse
drag to zoom.
- Create a new projection.
- Click on the
- In the
window enter the name "Asia>Mongolia>Lambert conformal conic" in
- Leave the
Type as "Lambert
- Click in the map view on the left and delete the
existing bounding box by pressing the
- Click in the menu
and turn on the
Country Outlines map.
- Zoom in over the Mongolia by holding the Shift key
down and dragging the mouse with the left mouse button down.
- Draw a bounding box over Mongolia by dragging with
the left mouse button pressed. You can adjust the size of the box by
dragging on the boxes on the box. You can move the box by clicking and
dragging on the box lines. Your display should read similar to this:
- When you are finished, click the
- Back in the
menu select Asia>Mongolia>Lambert conformal conic to view the
- Set the default projection to
"Asia>Mongolia>Lambert conformal conic"
- Select the Asia>Mongolia>Lambert conformal
conic projection in the
- Click the OK button.
- The next time you start the IDV, that will be your