The IDV provides a large location database.
- First, turn on the states map and change projection to Colorado.
- Bring up the control window for the
- Select "Hi-Res US" and close the window.
- Change projection to the Colorado projection with the
- We're going to look at Colorado summits.
Summits from the
Location display control either shows
locations with a label/shape or with a station model.
Station Model button and, if not selected,
Location station model by pressing
- Turn off decluttering.
- Things are really cluttered. Let's use a different
station model. Select the
Point station model.
- Let's only look at summits greater than 14000 feet.
- First, lets find out what properties these locations have. Click on
a point to see the properties in the
- Select the
- Under property select
- Select ">"
- Enter 14000 for the value.
- Now, switch back to the
Location station model.
- Add a background image topographic map.
- Let's look at some volcanoes
- Clear all data and displays and select
- Float the Locations display control window
with the menu .
- Select the
Locations tab to see a list of locations.
- Click on a row to view different volcanos. Shift-click to zoom in.
- Add the real-time USGS earthquake list with .