5.1.2 Plugin Manager
We're going to look at how to install and manage IDV plugins. A much easier way of
sharing IDV configurations.
- Bring up the Plugin Manager with the menu.
- Note the "Workshop IDV" plugin. Click on its button to view the contents.
- Under "Displays" install and "User Interface Skins"
- Under "Color Tables" install the GEMPAK color tables.
- View the contents of the GEMPAK color tables. Find the gempak.rbi in the list and view its contents.
- Shut down the IDV and restart.
- Go to the
New Windows tab under
Quicklinks. Note the new windows. These came from the skins plugin. Create a few.
- Bring up the color table editor. Note the new color tables.
- Delete the User Interface Skins plugin. Exit and restart the IDV.
- So, again you might ask "But Jeff, how do I take all of the resources I've created in the IDV and turn them into
one of these plugins?"
- I'm glad you asked that question. Next page...