2.1.2 Getting Started - Logging on to the Workstation
You can start McIDAS without logging on to the workstation as you did
at the beginning of this lesson; however, some system and data files
(e.g. grid files and string tables) you create or edit won't have
your initials or project number saved with them.
The LOGON command with the I (initialization)
parameter modifies the session by:
- clearing the string table
- setting the image frame loop bounds from one through one-half
the total number of frames
- setting the default dwell rate to nine units for the first
frame and six units for the remaining frames
- setting the graphics line width to one pixel
- initializing the graphics color levels
- displaying a red, 31 by 31 pixel, cross hair cursor
- setting the enhancement table to 0 255 0 255 0 255 0 255
- clearing the buffer of remembered commands
- Log on to the workstation. Type your initials and project number
(Use 0 for the project number if you don't have one).
The message "LOGON to McIDAS-X completed" is displayed in the
active text window.
- Type: LOGON initials project# I
command can be used if you are leaving your workstation and don't want others
to use your initials and project number to access data.