18.104.22.168 Case study: Sunflower productivity in Spain
The presented case study will enable you to calculate the Producction Potential of Rainfed sunflower in Andalucia, Spain.
The Study area and the crop are chosen owing to the following reasons:
- The Study area is in Europe and the data required to run PS is avaialabe and after getting aquaintance with the model you can run the model for any study area provided you obtain data required as explained later
- Moreover, The results of the European model CGMS (Crop Growth Monitoring Systems) will be compared with the outputs of PS1 to know how the model works and for this reason we have to chose some of the European area.
- The above two points suggest the best study area could be Andalucia, Spain
- In Andalucia Rainfed agriculture is doiminating and Sunflower is an important crop because of importance of biofuels
- Further,Rainfed sunflower is grown at a substantial area
. Most of the datasets used in
these exercises are accessible on remote servers. For accessing the
local datasets, see
Installing local datasets
The workshop is broken down into the following major sections:
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek