You will visualize minimum temperature, maximum temperature and precipitation for the Amreli weather station for the year 2004.
For your convenience, all data was packaged into a zip file: IndiaData.zip. Download the zip file, and extract the files that it contains to your local hard disk. Remember in which directory/folder you stored the files.
- Start IDV.
- In IDV's dashboard window, click the
Data Choosers tab.
- Then choose on the left-hand side:
- For Data Source Type, choose
Text Point Data files,
- Choose the correct directory: ...
- Select the point data file:
- Click the button
The point data file for the Amreli weather station has been loaded.
When the point data file was loaded, you were automatically taken to the
Field Selector tab. On the left-hand side, you see the file that you just loaded. On the right-hand side, under Displays, you need to select the type of display that has to be created. As we wish to inspect the loaded point data, click
You will first inspect the values of the loaded file as text, to be sure that the import went fine.
- In the right-hand side window, where you selected Point Data, select
Point Data List
- Then click the
You are automatically taken to the Displays tab. You can scroll through the data, you can see that you have data for a year (rows), and you can see the columns Latitude, Longitude and Altitude. These are not exactly the values we are interested in.
- In order to see temperatures and precipitation, click the
- On the left-hand side of the dual box chooser, you see the fields that can be selected (i.e. as read by IDV). Choose
Prec, then click the
- On the right-hand side of the dual box chooser, you see the fields that can be visualized. If you wish you can change the order in which the fields are shown. Move the temperatures and precipitation fields up, and move the longitude, latitude, and altitude fields down. When done, click the OK button.
- On the Displays tab, you now see a spreadsheet-like grid of values. It should show the
Prec, etc. By clicking the column headers, you can quickly sort the columns and thus find the maximum and minimum values of a field.
Questions:Max_temp: 26.4 - 44.8 Min_temp: 6.8 - 30.4 Prec: 0 - 7.1
What are the minimum and maximum value for the maximum temperature field?
What are the minimum and maximum value for the minimum temperature field?
What are the minimum and maximum value for the precipitation field?
How come there is no data for 31 December 2004? Hint: Find out whether 29th of February 2004 is listed in the point data list.
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek