4.4.6 Image Capture
In this section we will cover how to capture images within the IDV.
- If you have nothing displayed then load in the bundle that we previously created.
Select the menu item from
the map view's menu bar. The
- Select the menu item. In the
workshop.xidv from your home directory.
File Dialog will popup.
The IDV requires that the window you are capturing an image in is not
obscured. Move any other windows out of the way.
You can save an image as a jpg, gif or png. Make sure you are in the directory
Enter the name
Let's capture the whole window. This time from the File Dialog enter
wholewindow.png and select the
Whole Window button on the left.
The IDV treats image files as yet another data source. Load
in the newly created images by:
Since images are not geo-located we can only display
the image in the
- Open the
Data Source Chooser.
- Go to the
- Make sure you are in your home directory.
wholewindow.png with a control-click
Omni Control. Create this display.
Now, let's save off this image as a Google Earth kmz file.
The IDV can also read in Google Earth kml/kmz files.
- When we capture an image for Google Earth we have to make sure we are using a Lat/Lon projection
in an overhead view.
- The easiest way to do that is to select the menu.
- Select the menu item and enter
- A reminder is shown about the Lat/Lon projection.
- From a terminal window bring up Google Earth and Open this kmz file.
- From the IDV Data Source Chooser select the
- From the field selector create an Image display.
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek