4.4.4 Using Favorite Bundles
In this section we will cover how to save the state of the IDV as a
. A favorite bundle is a normal IDV
bundle that is saved in a location that the application manages.
- First, if you don't have any displays or data then load in a data source and create a display.
- Save this state as a favorite.
- Select the menu from the main menu bar.
- Enter: "Toolbar>Workshop" in the category field. The ">" defines
- Enter: "Test" for the name.
- View this favorite.
- Remove all displays and data.
- Load in the favorite by selecting the menu item.
- Edit the favorites
Take a closer look at some of the default system favorites
- Create 3 or 4 other favorites: e.g., Category="General" and Name="Some name 1", "Some name 2", etc.
- Open the favorites editor with .
- Right click on the favorite to show a popup menu.
- Select .
- Drag and drop them to change their categories.
- Open the
- This shows temperature cross sections of the Pacific Ocean for normal, El Nino and La Nina years.
- Move the cross section in the main view. See how each of the three cross sections are linked.
- Note: This bundle changed the vertical scale of the main window. To continue with the exercises,
either create a new window (using: ),
reset the vertical scale (using ),
or exit and restart the IDV.
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek