3.1.5 Projection Manager
In this section we will cover how to create and edit map projections.
- Select the menu item.
- View an existing projection.
- Select "US>CONUS" and press
- Right mouse/drag in map to scroll. Shift+Left mouse drag to zoom.
- Create a new projection.
- Click on the
- In the
Define/Edit Projection window enter the name
"Workshop>Colorado" in the
- Leave the
Type as "LatLon".
- Click in the map view on the left and delete the existing
bounding box by pressing the
- Click in the menu and turn on the
World Coastlines map.
- Zoom in over the United States by holding the Shift key down
and dragging the mouse with the left mouse button down.
- Draw a bounding box over Colorado by dragging with the left mouse
button pressed. You can adjust the size of the box by dragging on
the boxes on the box. You can move the box by clicking and dragging
on the box lines. When you are finished, click the
- Back in the menu select
to view the projection.
- Set the default projection to "US>CONUS"
- Open the Preferences Manager from the
- Select the
Main View tab.
- Select the
US>CONUS projection in the
Default Projection dropdown list.
- Click the OK button.
- The next time you start the IDV, that will be your default projection.
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek