4.5.2 Subsetting Point Data
You can do time binning and spatial subsetting for point data.
- If other displays and data are already loaded, select the
or the icon in the toolbar to clear them out.
- Load in the file
Make sure you the Data Source type select "netCDF Point Data files"
- Create a Point Data Plot. Say Yes to seeing all of the times.
Notice, the number of times. Not very workable.
- In the display control window enter 5 minutes for the
Only Show Every and turn on the
- Note: this isn't time binning. This just skips the obs.
- Remove that display.
- Now we're going to bin the times.
- Bring up the Properties dialog for this madis point data. (Double click or
right click on the data source entry in the Field Selector).
- Choose a 15 minute
Bin Size and press
- Now, create a point data plot again.
- Spatially subset the point data.
- Bring up the Properties dialog for the madis point data. Go to the
Spatial Subset tab.
- Zoom in over Colorado and drag a box with the left mouse to select a region.
- Turn on
Reload Displays and press
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek