4.9.6 Drawing Control
The IDV provides a 3D drawing tool.
- First, start fresh and go to a
- Create a
Drawing Control with either the
menu item or with the
- When the
Drawing Control first comes up it is in
polygon drawing mode. Note the button.
- Draw some shapes
- In the main display click and drag to draw.
- Select the image to draw a straight line polygon. Click and drag in the main display. Press the "space" key to
add a polygon point.
- Select the button to draw a rectangle.
Click and drag in the main display.
- Go to smooth polygon mode with the button.
- Tilt the display and draw some more shapes. Note how you are drawing in 3D.
- Go back to the overhead view (Control-R).
- Go into move mode by pressing the the button. Move some of the shapes.
Note: You have to select on the corners for squares, at the start for text, etc.
- Select and delete the shapes.
- Select the button to go into selection mode.
- Click on one of the shapes to select it. You should see small blue highlight rectangles.
- Press Control-X to cut the shapes.
- You can select multiple shapes by pressing the control key when you click on them.
- You can select all of the shapes by pressing Control-A
- Delete them by pressing Control-X
- Change the properties of a shape.
- Add a new text shape.
- Select it with the mouse or with a Control-A.
Note: to select text you need to click at the beginning of the text.
- Press Control-P to bring up the properties dialog.
- Change some of the properties and press
- Creating text shapes
- Add a Quicktime movie.
- Select the movie reel icon:
- Click in the display. In the File dialog select /data/idv/misc/storm.mov
- Note: Not all movie encodings can be displayed in the IDV.
- Drawing in coordinate systems.
- There are 4 coordinate system you can draw in: Lat/Lon/Alt, Lat/Lon (with fixed Altitude), X/Y/Z, X/Y (with fixed Z).
- Draw some shapes.
- Change the projection to a world projection ( menu item) and note how
the shapes are reprojected.
- Select X/Y from the
- Now draw some more shapes.
- Change the projection to back to CONUS ( menu item) and note what
shapes get reprojected.
- You can export and import drawings with the and
- Try exporting your drawing to the file
- The xgrf file can be loaded as a data source or imported into an already existing
Drawing Control. Let's try loading it as a data source.
- Remove the existing
- In the
Data Source Chooser go the
Files tab and select
- You should see a new
Drawing Control created with what you exported.
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek