4.3.4 Level II Isosurface Display
This IDV display shows isosurfaces of WSR-88D Level II volume scans.
If necessary, select Level II data and times as described in
Accessing WSR-88D Level II Radar Data.
- If other displays are in the main IDV window, select the
menu item or the
icon in the toolbar to clear them out.
- If you have not already done so, select one time from the data source.
- Open the
Data Source Properties editor for
Level II Radar Data (DVN).
- From the
1998-06-29 21:29:59Z time.
- Click the
- In the
Field Selector window create a
Radar Isosurface display using the
- See the Display in 3D
- A 3D display of the isosurfaces appears in the main window.
It is complex because the initial isosurface value is low, and there
are many low values in the display.
What are Radar Reflectivity Isosurfaces?
- Change the isosurface value to 50.0 dBZ
Isosurface Value slider in the control window.
- Rotate, pan, and zoom in as needed to see the new display in 3D.
- What kind of weather system produced this radar result?
What are the vertical shapes with isosurface value 50.0 dBZ?
What does this arrangement of them mean?
The IDV's default view has vertical exaggeration.
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek