5.5.0 IDV Property and Resource Files
Where does the IDV look for configuration information.
- At its heart, the IDV is configured by one or more properties files and a set
resource files. By default the IDV looks in
3 different places:
- System resource path - in the java jar files.
- Site path - defined at the command line or through user preferences.
- User path - e.g., /home/idv/.metapps/DefaultIdv
- The property files define:
- The application name.
- What remote data servers are available.
- What data catalogs to use.
- Where to find the resource description files.
- The workshop is using an idv.properties
file that contains:
idv.title = Unidata Workshop IDV
##Semicolon delimited list of urls pointing to thredds catalogs
## default projection
We are configuring the list of ADDE servers
and their image and radar descriptors,
workshopCatalog file for the gridded data
The default start up process is as follows:
Now we'll look at how the IDV finds the resources using the rbi files.
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek