5.5.3 Plugin Manager
We're going to look at how to install and manage IDV plugins. A much easier way of
sharing IDV configurations.
- Bring up the Plugin Manager with the menu.
- Note the "Workshop IDV" plugin. Click on its button to view the contents.
- Lets install some of these plugins
- Under "Displays" install the "User Interface Skins" plugin.
- Under "Color Tables" install the GEMPAK color tables.
- View the contents of the GEMPAK color tables. Find the gempak.rbi in the list and view its contents
by clicking on its button.
- Shut down the IDV and restart.
- Go to the
New Windows tab under
Quicklinks. Note the new windows. These came from the skins plugin.
- Delete the User Interface Skins plugin.
- The IDV supports (sortof) multiple languages.
- Look at the Language Pack plugins and install one of them.
- Exit and restart the IDV.
- Exit and restart the IDV with the
- Uninstall the Language Pack plugin
- We also have a simple IDV.
- Under "Customized IDVs" install the "Simple IDV"
- Exit, restart and note the changes.
- The Plugin Manager is under the menu now. Remove the Simple IDV plugin.
- So, again you might ask "But Jeff, how do I take all of the resources I've created in the IDV and turn them into
one of these plugins?"
- I'm glad you asked that question. Next page...
Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek Français Español Portugese Italian Japanese Korean Russian Chinese-simp Chinese-trad Dutch German Greek